Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Birthday boy Tai
WOW! This weekend was a busy one full of family fun. On Sat. we celebrated Tai's 9th birthday. It was at a park so the kiddos were busy every minute. It was so nice to get together again with my bros and sisters plus their kids. Then today was Jordyn's special day. Her blessing day! Troy did awesome blessing her. It was funny cause she was screaming when he stood up to bless her till he walked out with her. After we all headed to the clubhouse for food and family time. Segi makes the best potato salad. I LOVE IT! lol
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Well she finally arrived!! I had her on Thursday Nov. 6, 2008. She weighed 8lbs 7oz. and was 19 inches long. We are so happy that we were blessed with a beautiful daughter. I'm so lucky and thankful that my mom and sisters were here to watch our monster Jae and we would like to thank T-roy and Rob for giving me a wonderful well needed blessing before I gave birth. THANK YOU for everyone's help.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Well just the other day a friend and I were talking about the upcoming election. She had strong views on the Obama/Biden health care plan because she felt like it was just a hand out to the unemployed. So here are just some points for those who don't get it. Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s plan strengthens employer–based coverage, makes insurance companies accountable and ensures patient choice of doctor and care without government interference. Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year. If you don’t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance options. No where does it say people are recieving it for free. It says AFFORDABLE. It should be our right as working citizens to recieve affordable health care. With this plan we can finally take care of our veterans, troops, and senior citizens!
All children in the United States will be required to be covered under some health plan. There is no mandate for adults.
- Small businesses offering health insurance to their employees will receive an additional tax credit to help offset the cost of premiums and as an incentive to provide benefits to their employees.
- Reimbursement for catastrophic health care costs for employer offered health insurance to guarantee that employee illness or injury will not increase premiums
- Increase the use of generic drugs by people using government subsidized plans and prohibiting large pharmaceutical companies from stopping generic drugs from entering the market
- Allow Americans to purchase prescription medications from other developed countries as long as they are safe and purchase price is lower than if purchased in the U.S.
- Work to make sure mental health benefits are paid for on the same terms as other illnesses are paid for through health insurance.